Summer is a beautiful time of year in South Carolina, but it is also the hurricane season. Situated on the southeastern coast, South Carolina is one of the most hurricane prone states in the country. Having a comprehensive homeowners policy is vital to protecting your home and family from these and other potentially devastating events. At the Wannamaker Agency, it is our goal to make sure you have the proper coverage for any risks you may face in South Carolina.
As a local Orangeburg Agency, we understand the needs of homeowners throughout Orangeburg, Calhoun, and Bamberg Counties. No matter where you are located, we can help tailor a homeowners policy to meet your individual needs. By working closely with top insurance carriers, we are able to offer the best rates and coverage on our homeowners policies. While each homeowners policy is unique to a homeowner and their home, you will find many similarities across all policies. Below are common types of coverage you will find in a typical policy.
- Coverage for your home as well as additional structures on your property including carports, barns, sheds, and other detached storage facilities.
- Coverage for damages to personal property within your home including furniture, clothing, appliances, and electronics.
- Coverage for property theft.
- Liability coverage in the event someone is injured on your property.
- Coverage for living expenses if a disaster were to force you out of your home.
Optional coverage to consider:
- Flood Insurance
- High-value item coverage for belongings such as jewelry and watches that are not covered under typical personal property coverage.
- Identity theft expense coverage.
Many people are under the impression that homeowners insurance includes flood coverage, but that is not the case. With the threat of hurricanes during the summer months, flood insurance is something most South Carolina homeowners should consider. We can help determine if flood insurance is a valuable addition for you.
There are a number of policy discounts available to help responsible homeowners save money. Homeowners are often unaware of many of these discounts. South Carolina residents can take advantage of multi-policy, new roof, new home, claims-free, home safety, and protective device discounts. It is our goal to make sure you receive all of the discounts that you qualify for.
At the Wannamaker Agency, we are committed to providing you with a complete and comprehensive homeowners insurance policy that offers peace of mind. You can rest assured knowing that you, your loved ones, and your home are protected. Contact us today with any questions you may have about homeowners insurance coverage or use our home insurance tool to get started!